December 11, 2006

America's Next Top Model Cycle 7: Spoiler!

Its been like almost a week late, but I've been SO busy packing to fly back home and packing again to fly tonight tonight (god my skin is so dry) that I haven't had the time to watch and review it until now.So here I go, so don't scroll down if you don't want to know. Frankly, I thought that as this show progesses, its getting m0re boring and redudant. The reason why I keep watching it is because I am always impressed by how creative their challenges, prizes and shoots are. Plus, they give you good tips for posing in front of your own camera ;) So the winner of America's Next Top Model Cycle 7 is. . . .Caridee! Frankly, I feel apathetic towards the results, because I wasn't vouching for anyone in particular. I didn't think any of the girls were particularly good or deserving to begin with. They all had their ups and down. Caridee's last performance on the runway was awful, from her walk to her scream- it was painful to watch. And the one thing that irritated me the most was the bull shooting episode where she insulted Nigel. First of all it was an unclassy thing to say to begin with. Secondly, her apology letter was lame and unnecessary. And lastly, stop tapping your legs!! She really was all over the place!
Despite all that though, her shoots were indeed effortless and has been consistently good. I thought this was pretty cool.
Second runner up Melrose was quite the bitch. But you got to admire her drive. She got the most go-see's done, her runway walk and scream was amazingly elegant and pretty, she got everything down to an art. Unfortunately for her there really is something such as trying too hard. It made her shoots unnatural and breaks down really easily.
I thought this was one of her better shots.
Then there was Eugena. I didn't like her at first, because I kind of related her to Monique that immature girl who rubbed her panties on people's bed, but she started to grow on me towards the end. That piece she said about the contest being a journey for progress was very insightful. And her commercial was pretty good once she got out of her shell.
This shoot here was amazing. Too bad she didn't get out of her shell earlier. Ithink she just needed more time to improve. And just because she's quiet and doesn't proclaim she wants to be the Next Top Model every other minute doesn't mean she doesn't want it!

I am always impressed with the make-up and hair whenever I see the twins, because they looked so plain and awkward in person- even after the make over. Was amazed at how long Jaeda managed to last in the competition. Felt sorry for Brooke, I thought she looked good as a brunette. And was very surprised that AJ got kicked out so early. I thought she was really good. Oh and I thought they put the models in unneccesary risks too. I mean, if they were going to super impose the bull into the picture closer to her, than is it really neccessary to have them pose with a bull in the arena to begin with? And what is with them shooting in the freezing pool? I am sure heated pools are easy to come by. Its not like the scenery beside the pool was needed anyway. The shooting in the flying room was ugly too, I'm sure they could've just wired them. The photos turned out real ugly with distorted faces and all.
Overall this season was average.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally hated Caridee. I thought she seemed like she escaped from the mental hospital or something. In long terms, I think Melrose would succeed much better than Caridee, despite Caridee has the "American's Next Top Model" name. Caridee has done a lot of unprofessional stuffs during the show, so I don't think she will do good in the real modeling world. Oh well, ANTM never choose the models that are consistent and perfect. Like Joanie from last season, so I pretty much they wouldn't choose Melrose. I love Melrose though, haha, I love her bitchyness XD

12/12/2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger T said...

i agree about the shoots being way over the top. it not like chanel or louis vuitton are going to put their models in skydiving machines or do any of the shots on antm. its a good entertainment show but 90% of the girls on the show dont get anywhere

12/13/2006 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweet, there's someone else on here named emma :)

ok so ive watched every single season and i must say i never had an REAL favourite this season. I liked Jaeda and Anchal but they aparently sucked to the judges.

out of the top 3 i really had no favourite. Melrose i think is gorgeous but a flat out cocky bitch in my opinion. All 3 were a-ok for me :)

The space shoot that they did was DISTGUSTING lol

The twins were quite pretty but incredibly AWKWARD

12/13/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger alluretone said...

haha i think it's funny how they do all these complicated shoots, and they're all like "this is the real modeling world.. you have to be able to take pictures in swimsuits during the winter" and it's like, this is the only time they're probably EVER going to get modeling work.

the freezing cold pool really annoyed me. yes, why didn't they just put them in a heated pool?

12/13/2006 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melrose was the legitamite winner; she had amazing photos, COINCIDENTALLY they nvr showed them, and the whole cvrgirl of the week thing is such bull, they only do it to see who the public likes best. Melrose obviously wants this, and there's nothing wrong with that. Tyra is so washed up anyways, and NONE of the models, not even the winner ger far. Sometimes the ones who lost earlier do better. Like Toccara jones from season 3, i saw on like 4 Mag cvrs last year!

12/13/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I don't know why, but I have wierdly mixed feelings about the winner of ANTM. I wanted CariDee to win, but then she did so horribly bad on the last runway challenge. Melrose was a bitch, but a good model. Wow I'm so indecisive.

12/13/2006 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANTM never picks the true winner anyway, it's whoever Tyra the ugly Banks does not feel threatened by. Elyse from 1st season is the best example. And I don't even think TB is a top model, so who is she to judge...I get sick of her comparing herself with Naomi, cuz TB isn't even close to NC's level.

About the result, I think Melrose shows alot, and maybe she's a little fake but so is TB. I don't really like Caridee because as much as she claims herself as real, i think SHE is quite fake...I was ticked off when Eugena was voted off and the words she whispered to her (don't wanna spoil it)...i mean, who do you think you are?
And the catwalk competition said it all.

12/13/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Q said...

Moi aussi, this season was so blasee, I thought for sure no way cycle 6 would be overtaken by a future season, but sure enough, cycle 7 disappointed me even more. Caridee just seems so immature and ungraceful; her runway walk was disastrous! No wonder no ANTM girl ever makes it big...

I heard that the "writers" of the show went on strike for better pay and that's why this season sucked so much. Here's to better cycles ahead... For the record, I wanted AJ to win, she was amazing! I think she sabotaged herself during that celebrity couples episode because she's a really deep person and she hated being around all that superficiality.

12/13/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of those girls have The Look that the really big models of the moment have. Plus they're too old to start modelling.

ANTM is just an entertainment show.

12/14/2006 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, just because eugena was quiet about her dream and not upfront about it dosent mean she dosent want it just as much.

12/15/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED Melrose. All of her pictures were effortless, and I never once thought she was bitchy. She just wanted it so badly, she didn't want to get distracted by having a friend within the house.

However, Caridee has to be my favorite. She might have said some unprofessional things, but I loved her.

I do hope they come out with Cycle Eight...

1/06/2007 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked Caridee right up until the last few eps where she was being such a spiteful little cow to Melrose, it was catty and totally uncalled for. Not something I would want, if I were involved in ANTM, the business known for.

I also felt that in spite of the girls in the house to be ranting on about Melrose being a bitch, that the people she worked with, makeup, hair etc never (barring the model stereotype ep) seemed to have an issue with her - and what's more important in the business, for a model to be considered nice by the photographers etc or by the people who know her very well?

Melrose was clearly the standout - she knew her shit, she was a better catwalk model, took better photos. I liked Caridee, I like someone who is a little nuts but they made the wrong decision.

1/13/2007 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that girls are really beautiful, no matter what season is, is it fall fashion or winter fashion or is it sports or classics! They are just fabulous!

10/24/2007 8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Really girls are really beautiful. i have seen all episodes of this show and i think Americas Next Top Model TV Show is one of good fashion show.

9/07/2009 3:39 PM  
Anonymous healthcare billing services Florida said...

Good article that reveals all aspect of fashions and model.The way of writing is amazing.Hope you share more about this

3/27/2018 2:12 PM  
Anonymous currys voucher codes said...

Models are really great.This article too.Nice way of presentation.Keep it up

3/27/2018 2:16 PM  
Blogger Harry Leo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/26/2018 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home