March 23, 2007

A New Take on 3.1 Phillip Lim

In the past few seasons, Phillip Lim has been one of the NY's new 'big' fashion designers. People love his clothes because they're chic, girly but not overly so, wearable and don't look cheap. I've always thought his designs were pretty and loveable, but I wasn't too interested in them. Maybe because I can't quite imagine myself wearing clothes so mature. Afterall, I'm a somewhat fashionably-unbothered student -my outfits are usually just jeans and simple tops.
But a family friend/ 3.1-enthusiast recently asked, 'How could you not like Phillip Lim (more)?!?' That got me thinking and instead of looking again at the photos from his SS07 runway collection, I went onto his website, www.31philliplim.com and looked through all the lookbooks. Wow. The lookbooks had the outfits styled much more realistically and they were heavy doses of fashionable, girly, young and romantic outfits. I especially loved the Spg '07 pt1 lookbook. You HAVE to go check the lookbooks out if you haven't done so already -I felt like I was drunk on all that prettiness, much like after I watched Marie Antoinette!

True, I still think that Phillip Lim's clothes aren't completely suitable for a 21 year old student (esp budget-wise), but I am definitely going to stop to take a look at his clothes next time I'm in a department store. Hey, it doesn't hurt to look right? Or perhaps when the summer sales are on in June......
Photo sources: elle.com, 31philliplim.com

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love philip lim, everything he makes is simple but oh-so-pretty and never dull!
i would really like to you and barney's girl style because i think philip lim's clothing is already very youthful, though pricey.
keep up the great posts =).

3/23/2007 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the simplicity of philip lim.. i like that the clothes are more elegant, than trendy.

i think i would have some trouble finding a stockist in australia though.

ps - i love that model (darla, i think) in the first pic. she's adorable!

3/23/2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger emily said...

i'm 21 as well, and couldn't imagine a better time to wear lim's clothing. its so adorably gamine-- you'd look fresh faced and audrey hepburn-esque. mini dresses with flats adorned with flowers; playful polka dots would look silly on anyone over 27.

but that's my opinion. if only i could afford it!

3/23/2007 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually don't think his items are that original, although i have yet to see them in real life. they remind me a lot of what some japanese designers have been doing a long time... vert dense, lowrys farm, and par avion.. in particular.
they won't use the same couture techniques, but, the style is incredibly similar - the cut, the colour palette, the conservative hems and necklines..

3/23/2007 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you can help me but I dont know who else to ask.

Ive recently lost some weight and need to buy new clothes for the spring/summer.

The problem is that I dont have too much money AND i'm still losing weight and will therefore need new things in another month or two.

So, my question is, including basics like jeans, what else should I invest in to get me through the next few months (I really need to buy new everything!).

Hope you can help, thanks :)

3/24/2007 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phil lim is doing designs for uniqlo, which should be in your budget. ciao.

3/24/2007 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when?

3/24/2007 3:15 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Anonymous 4:33pm -Send us an email and we'll be glad to help you!

3/24/2007 4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find those gorgeous shoes?
Please, i was looking on line, but i couldnt find them.

3/27/2007 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shoes were runway only. I saw them and they aren't really intended to be worn at all--the construction is very flimsy But they are beautiful.

5/24/2007 7:00 AM  
Anonymous manolo blahnik 2010 said...

Phillip Lim has been one of the NY's new 'big' fashion designer
support him forever
xoxo

7/17/2010 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home