November 22, 2006

FW06 Trend: Ankle Boots

This season they amp-ed up the classic ankle boots usually worn under jeans (for me anyway) to a fashion must have designed to be seen! On the Stella McCartney runway (left), she cut out the front to form cute half heels/half boots worn with stockings. And on the Versace runway (right), they cleverly cut out a bit on the side to reveal footless stockings!
Other more innovative designs out there include these Alexander McQueen (left) kick back ankle boots, which I think has a weird slanted heel (is that physically safe?) and these funky Report Signature (right) ankle boots from Shop Intuition.
My favourite ones are these two from Miu Miu (left) and Paul and Joe (right). I love the perfectly rounded toes and the adorable designs. I want them both!Then there are these darling soft grey slouchy boots from Urban Outfitters (left) and green pointy boots with a v from Roberto Cavalli (right).
I also like these ankle boots with what looks like scoop necks. It makes them look so chic! I especially like the design of the Steve Madden one (right), it looks so elegant! (left: Nine West)

For something less adventurous, more versatile but still trendy, try these more subtle styles from Christian Louboutin (left) and Shop Intuition (right). They can be both worn to be seen or under jeans.
And of course there are the platform ankle boots which are absolutely everywhere. These ones are from Pedro Garcia (left) and Steve Madden (right).As I said, these boots were made to be seen. Here are some ideas as to how:

  • With short sweater dresses/short winter shorts and tights- this one is my favourite way. (left)
  • With skinny jeans- I do that a lot with my classic ankle boots too (right)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

  • With tight rolled up jeans- this is probably best if you were tall (left)
  • With cropped pants (center)
  • And just right out with a skirt or shorts!

I can’t wait to go home to my funky ankle boots and try all this out!

21 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Aww they look so adorably cute with that white dress in the picture! definately something i would wear.

11/23/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger pj said...

the soft grey slouchy boots from Urban Outfitters - Topshop has one too... i love them

11/23/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger pj said...

Check out
href="http://fashionista-playground.blogspot.com/2006/08/boots-for-aw-2006.html"> these boots

11/23/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love stella's!
don't know if those mcqueen's are safe, but they are cute!!!


colormechic.blogspot.com

11/23/2006 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look sexy and classic ,i would like to have one too

11/23/2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger fiona said...

i am quite skinny and i've never liked ankle boots because they look rather dodgy ( no offence to fans! ) and they make my legs look even skinnier! i think they will look better on women with more to love =)

11/23/2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Francisco Ponciano said...

Hi, Wonderful your blog! they look sexy and classic ,i would like to have one too

11/24/2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger fashion.faux.pas said...

such a big trend this season... ancle boots and trenchcoats... love it...

11/24/2006 4:38 AM  
Blogger The Girl said...

the versace boot is so hot! OMG i love it... i keep staring at it!

11/25/2006 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im loving the urban outfitters ones.... but do you think those would be weird with skinny pants? because you cant really put them over the baggy thing at the top of the shoes... and then also would socks look weird??? HmmMm???

11/28/2006 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHhhhhh I totally agree with you..It's my current dilema..finding an cute pair of ankle booots that I could wear with skinny jeans.

I'm thinkin' if you cuff your jeans it might loook right. But the whole socks thing....eekk I would recommend those trendy thick tights, some come designs or are ribbed....check this site outfor inspiration!!

http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/pages/socks_cat_CategoryID_61.php

8/09/2007 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ancle boots are the ugliest fashion trend to come around since rolled jeans in the early 90s. fashion 911!!

10/15/2008 4:47 AM  
Anonymous kids footwear said...

Wow.. This is great! I can say that women have a long list of choices ranging from long ankle boots to high heels to open toed to suit formal, casual, party wear and for numerous other occasions. Anyway, thanks for sharing and I definitely visit here more often.

8/14/2010 12:34 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I loved the look With tight rolled up jeans and those classic ankle boots. They look sexy.

10/04/2010 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Alicepeterson said...

I love this candid photo of Taylor Momsen from the set of Gossip Girl in NYC for several reasons: One, I dig her dark nail polish. Two, I like that she’s carrying a guitar. (Has anyone else heard her band, the Pretty Reckless, yet? Surprisingly not terrible!) And three, I like her whole slouchy, undone, Olsen-twins-but-better aesthetic. But mostly, dear reader, I covet her boots. They are the perfect shiny, spiky heeled, buckled black ankle boots, are they not? I have yet to find out who makes these particular Boots, but I did manage to find a similar style from Nine West on Zappos. They are called “Dabblit,” and they retail online for $108.95 - a reasonable price for a brand new pair of boots, if you ask me.

4/23/2011 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Leather Ankle Boots said...

Nice boots

6/20/2011 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Godfrey said...

I absolutely tie in with anything you've presented us.
memory foam mattress topper | austin texas moving companies | braces and rubber bands

11/27/2011 7:14 AM  
Blogger robotautotposts said...

I have written a blog about "short boots for
women" to visit me at short boots for women

12/11/2011 1:03 PM  
Anonymous kids crocs said...

You want to make sure that you are not being fooled by imitation leather. Since this is less expensive than real leather, it has become very popular in recent years with the companies that produce the boots.

10/18/2012 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the short sweeter dress was so cute so were shoes next to it

8/24/2014 9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0809

asics shoes
coach outlet online
huaraches
supreme clothing
maillot football pas cher
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
nhl jerseys
moncler online outlet
pandora charms

8/09/2018 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home