January 25, 2006

Cosmetic Bags

Argh, jetsetting is not as fun as it looks. I just came back from a short trip to SF (yes I do seem to be going there a lot these days) and it is tiring. Although I DO so love good food, shopping and the mind numbingness of getting away. Anyway, while packing, I realised that somehow in the last few years, my repertoire of cosmetics has increased significantly. So much that it no longer all fit into my average sized narrow cosmetic bags and its getting hard to actually locate anything without pouring it all out first. Obviously this is the sign for me to get a new more spacious and easy to access cosmetics bag.


I first considered Le Sportsac. But the normal cosmetic bags they offer are just too small and doesn't have enough compartments in it for me to get organised with.

The next obvious place to look was of course, Sephora. Disappointingly, their choices were bulky and frankly, not that cute. Although this printed one I found on their site is not half bad. Will have to see it in real life to determine whether its good or not.

Sephora was also promoting this set from Bare Escentuals. It actually looks quite perfect and I def wouldn't mind trying out their products-I hear they're quite good. Except I saw this one real life and its very shallow, so not spacious. . .

I know that one should really be economical and just use the make-up bags that cosmetic brands give out when you buy a huge amount of products. But sometimes, they're just not quite perfect and none quite as cute as these ones from Bloom. The one of the right is actually bigger, but I haven't seen the inside of it to decide if its quite as perfect. But they both look very adorable.

In the end, I bought this (on top) cosmetic bag from Stila. It is just the right size to fit everything and looks oh-so-stylish. Too bad I didn't see the one on the below though. It is actually bigger with more compartments to get organised with AND it leaves more space for the further expansion of my cosmetics collection.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the ones from Sephora. I can't fight it, I'm just a preppy.

1/25/2006 3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAC also makes great bags and traincases... I'm in the process of finding one large enough for me as well. I might as well be a makeup artist with all the makeup I have! (like over 100 eyeshadows, 52 lipsticks, 20 blushers, etc etc...) :)

1/25/2006 5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dior makes very nice and cute makeup bags. I love Dior!!

1/25/2006 5:40 AM  
Blogger Are You the New Avante Garde? said...

Louis Vuitton cosmetics cases are to die for.
But Trish McEvoy has the best ones.
durable, stylish and roomy. It has compartments for everything

Ciao

1/25/2006 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one from Sephora does look cute. I can't believe that my makeup can actually fit in a very small makeup bag :0)

1/25/2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend has the Stila cosmetic bag, it's cute. I like the third from the top though, very stylish

1/26/2006 3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought a massive professional cosmetic suitcase like this
http://www.drlucky24.de/ebay/BeautyCase-riesig-A.JPG
it´s just perfect for travelling!

1/27/2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger OMEGAzine said...

This one from Stila is soo cool. Please link ;)
Check out my selection here.

10/28/2007 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all, We are a professional producer of cosmetics bags in China.Our product are widely use in cosmetics,daily use, Health & beauty area, etc. For details, you can search our website:www.yumei6688.cn.There will be a big surprise for you!

you will contact me freely if you need them.

Best regards
Evan
MSN:ymevan@msn.cn
Email:ym-evan@163.com

1/13/2009 10:14 AM  
Anonymous cheap handbags said...

Interesting article as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about that topic.

12/20/2010 4:12 PM  
Blogger qwadro_fx said...

Hi. Your blog is so beautiful, it's very logical layout. I also want to make a good blog like yours but not impossible. I was lucky tolettore mp3 subacqueoFree Car Insurance Ratesknow your blog, I will visit often. This article is very interesting and meaningful. Thank you very much. Thank you very much!

2/01/2012 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Cheap Diablo 3 gold said...

Very nice indeed! Thanks for this!



Cheapest Diablo 3 gold

7/24/2012 4:36 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

air presto
kevin durant shoes
Kanye West shoes
adidas online shop
pandora bracelet
off white clothing
retro jordans
nike air huarache
lebron james shoes
yeezy 700

5/22/2018 11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0809

pandora
coach outlet online
moncler online outlet
uggs outlet
ugg boots on sale 70% off
hugo boss sale
red bottoms
ralph lauren outlet
kate spade outlet online
adidas yeezy

8/09/2018 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home