September 19, 2006

Project Runway Season 3 at NY Fashion Week

Wow, this season's Project Runway has been eventful. All the designers have seen the low and the high, its difficult to predict who will win. In fact, I can't even decide who will be out next! I been able to see the whole collection, but from the few photos I've managed to find, we can but try to analyse the results.

Michael Knight
Of course, there is always the audience favourite Michael Knight. His designs are always so thoughtful, stylish and tasteful, I love him. While he will most definitely make it to the top three, I'm not so sure about his runway collection. I was disappointed. The collection looked very bling and borders on wild glam and tacky.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The gold belt and the lace together just looks very trashy to me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Orange and prints is not exactly my thing, but I must say that it was all very well made, especially the dress on the left.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And even though the wild prints are a bit too much for me, I do so love the design and shape of these two outfits. The silohuette of that dress is very elegant.

This is definitely different from what he showed us in the show. I wonder what the judges would say. . .

Uli Herzner
Another designer whose been on the top a lot, her runway collection continued to work the prints the Uli way.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As usual, her dresses were pretty and fun.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Although I really don't like these two. Combining these two prints just makes it look messy and the dress very beachy.

Overall it wasn't a very exciting collection. And since the judges did comment that they never saw anything different from Uli, she might very well be out soon.

Laura Bennett
Laura's been pretty mediocre all season with her signature elegant sophisticated look, until last episode with that cute little black dress (although I really didn't like the flyaways at the hem). Anyway, her collection on the catwalk was as usual very elegant and sophisticated.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These two are good examples. The model on the right looks amazing. And the satin blazer looks elegant too, although it would have looked better without that bit of fluff coming out of her neck.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sometime it seems that Laura's attempts to be creative just goes all wrong. The bustier on the left looks gorgeous close up, but from afar it doesn' go very well with the rest of the dress. Especially the sheer skirt. And what is with the yellow belt on that lovely grey dress??

And please, take those feathers away!

Jeffrey Sebelia
Surprisingly, Jeffrey's collection was actually one of my favourites. It was actually fun, feminine and soft with just a hint of his rock star style.

Just as I said, soft, feminine and fun. Its adorable!

His hint of rock star style. I LOVE the dress and the blazer. They look so sharp and cool.

Although I'm not much a fan of these two dresses. I definitely see the potential in the black dress, but somehow the slit just does not compliment the model very well. And the red dress looks. . odd. I wonder if he'd suffer through the same problem as Daniel V and not have a very coherant and together collection.

Anyway, as you can see, it is really hard to decide who will go next. Uli, Laura or Jeffrey? Thoughts?

Oh and one more thing. Shouldn't they really just call it the final four since in the end four designers get to show their clothes at Olympus Fashion Week? I mean, the designer who is out still has to MAKE the collection for the show don't they?

37 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 100% agree with you on the final collections. They were suprising in the end and looked a lot different from things we had seen previously during the show. Except for Uli's. That was pretty typical in my opinion.

9/19/2006 3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't seen project runway sice the coture gown i definetely have to catch up!!!!!

9/19/2006 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I liked Jeffrey's collection best. It is fun and the lines are very figure flattering.

9/19/2006 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with everything you stated. I love Jeffery's and I definately think that Laura Bennet should go.

I haven't been able to keep up with the show because I don't have Bravo :'( so I'm soo happy you posted these. Thankss!!!

9/19/2006 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffery is definately my favorite, but Michael is going to win this entire thing for sure. I think Uli will leave next. She bugs me and her stuff is all the same.

9/19/2006 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually love the red dress...but most of the other outits are, ah, ok, i guess....

9/19/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger sophia_was_here said...

I don't think Jeffrey left in much of his signature "rock star" style--judges may knock him for that. And he was such a cocky jerk the whole season.

Michael has my vote.

9/19/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger ingenue said...

I love Michael (as a designer, and as a person) but Jeffrey's got my vote for his collection. If only he's not such a pain in the butt, I would give it to him hands down.

The ladies... err... didn't "turn me on". Haha.

Cheers,
voguefactory.blogspot.com

9/19/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Jeffery's collection is my fav out of the bunch. And ya, Michael's collection was a bit disappointing.

9/19/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger annie said...

they don't call it the final four because on the show it's the final three. it's to keep the suspense - since the shows are done BEFORE pr airs on tv they don't want the public to know the final three.

9/20/2006 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jeffrey's collection and Micheal's. Between Uli and Laura I pick Uli. I know Uli always does patterns but the patterns are exciting, and I find myself wearing more patterns and wanting them for home decor. Like paisley is back!

9/21/2006 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched every show this season. I missed the last show because it was on earlier - not 10PM. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I missed? Is there a winner?
Thanks.

9/25/2006 4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's going on with the scheduling? does anyone know? when's the finale, what time? i'm so confused. thanks.

9/28/2006 4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael's designs are by far the best in every challenge. Hope to see his designs in the stores. Go Michael!!

9/28/2006 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love Michaels designs on the show. I have to admit that I wasn't that happy with his final collection. I truly hope the judges take into account the challenges. I think that he should have won four challenges instead of two. I guess if they gave him all the wins he deserved it would have seem more like Project Michael. I hate to admit it but I did like Jeff the jerks collection. I just don't understand why he's so rude. He was compared to Santino but I actually liked Santino. Jeff's just RUDE and CRUDE! The other two desingers are alright but I think it will probably be between Micheal and Jeff.

9/28/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger EightyJane said...

you left out examples from Uli line that were oh so non-Uli. she showed some no print zero flowy stuff that wasn't spectacular, but showed she has range... well a little anyhow

9/29/2006 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael collection wasn't what I thought it would be. Basing on the outfits he had made throughout the season. I hope that the judges don't base their decision on his collection, but his challenges. He is nice and a great disnger he disveres to be the winner. Not Uli or Laura they use the same type of styles over and over again you get tried of it. It would mostly come down between Jeffery and Michael

10/02/2006 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely...NOT definately

10/03/2006 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from the begining i knew jeffery was going to be in the top three so i am not suprised at all. my oersonal style chooses jeffery and uli as my top favorites. Im relly dissapinted in lauras collection i thought it would be a bit more chic i think the judges pressured her to hard to be "different" and her line justed ended up not being completely her, like she tried to hard.

10/04/2006 5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg type-o's!

10/04/2006 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was REALLY disapointed by michael's collection; he was my one of my favorites from the start, but his collection looked like something youd see at Baby Phat. ugh

but my favorite is Jeffrey's collection. theyre all really beautiful and something id actually wear.

10/06/2006 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura's collection was actually quite nice, as was Michael's. You're not showing the whole collection, and are just showing the bad ones from Laura. Personally, I think it is between Jeffrey and Laura. Ulis was very nice, but nothing that truly deviated from her prints, braiding and "Miami, warm weather" climate influenes. Michael's borderlined on tastless in my opinion...

10/09/2006 2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the designs are great buttt lets talk $$$ and markups... lauras dresses can retail for thousands plus im sure that tons of rich women and their daughters would love to go to bergdofs, or saks or neimans or bendels or barneys or bloomies plus thousands of chic couture shops all around the world.. i also think she will be able to design a great classic wedding gown line ...i mean you can be very different, and creative in a design for the red carpet (which all those gowns are loaned for free) and not sell at a major store. i think laura has a great future as a couture designer. i mean ulis dresses will look great on beyonce but how many women out there will really spend the money? hardly none... i mean michaels look is fierce but i think his d esigns will just sit in stores, the same thing with jeffreys collection nice little dresses but only good for the runway but lauras gown will sell!

10/11/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a final four this season, but at the end of last episode it made it seem like jeffery might be kicked off for having someone help him with his sewing. i'm just hoping that the fact that he showed at fashion week means that he wasn't kicked off. they might have let him show anyway, just disregarded his collection from the contest, who knows. his is my favourite, however, so i hope he's still in the runnings.

10/12/2006 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love jeffery. He is such a rebel. And his personality shows through his clothes. I think that is very important when it come to clothes, that a "idea" in a way shows in you. Jeffery has the talent, skill, and uniquness to win.

10/13/2006 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The black and white dress in Jeffery's collection is a rip off of Ulis dresses.

10/13/2006 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way

10/13/2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about jeffory? did he get caught cheating??? someone explain!
thanks!

10/13/2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

honestly, if jeffery's kicked off, i will kill laura.

10/13/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffery has been a favorite of mine throughout the entire season. He is the only one that is fashion forward. The other designers have all produced things that I have seen before. Personally, I feel that Michael's collection looked cheap.

Everyone bashes Uli for having everything look the same, but doesnt Diane von Furstenberg do the same thing? I think she pulled it off, she uses patterns in an innovative way, i would definitely wear her clothing. I am all for Jeffery and Uli.

10/14/2006 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE JEFFORY! i would wear all of his clothes. they are perfect for teenage girls. I WANT HIM TO WIN!

10/15/2006 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Uli!And not that big of a fan of Jeffery but I think he will win Did he really cheat (Jeffery has my vote)

10/19/2006 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok first of all Michael's collection is TRASH TRASH TRASH. The only place those close should be sold in is in the bottom of a bin at TJ Maxx. What was he thinking with all of that bling. (although I still do like his hot pants)
Laura takes it too far. The feathers are terrible, but for the most part she is showing more range.
Uli- who cares. Yes, DVF does do the same thing with prints, but she makes structured dresses too, AND she was maried to a Baron- she does what she wants!
Jeffery's collection looks hot, but he is such a twit! I'm sue he did get outside help- did you see that work space! Whatevs- he has the best designs regardless of who assembled the final product.

10/19/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur all tlking JUNK! evry 1 of these designers has a diff. styles and if noone of u can respect that then ur all sore losers! uli rox! jeffrey rox! michael rox! laura rox! racism is not the way......

9/14/2007 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH JEFFREY SEBELIA! I wish that I owned the green and white striped dress with the yellow zippers!

10/18/2007 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it really shows that you don't know a shit about fashion when you say all those things about laura's dresses
i mean, blody hell, she should have won, she's the most sophisticated designer and i can't believe that you think that jeffrey's are good stuff
honestly, get yourself a life

9/22/2008 12:48 AM  
Blogger Uwais Al qorni said...

Distributor besi hollow
Distributor besi hollow
Toko bondek
<a href="http://www.jualbesibajamurah.com/harga-pipa-besi-hitam-medium-agen-distributor-jual-toko-supplier-pabrik-

link8

6/10/2017 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home