January 23, 2008

Haute Couture S/S08 I

'Tis the week for mega-gorgeous, artistic and unwearable couture!

Christian Dior
Haute Couture S/S08 started off with a bang with the ever-dramatic collection from Christian Dior by John Galliano. As per the collections from the last few haute couture seasons, this collection was composed of strong, bright, vivid colours. The theme of this collection was Madame X, which I know nothing about and am not bothered to Wiki it, but do do so if you're interested. To be honest, while these couture pieces are all truly amazing, I'm not completely awed after Dior's Japanese collection in HC S/S07, my favourite yet. Perhaps it looks more stunning in real life.
The jewel colours are SO gorgeous. Gosh, imagine all the work put into constructing the dress and all those little details!
These are great to look at (in an artistic way) and very unwearable.
Don't the models look like they're wearing super-volumous dresses with capes on? And please don't tell me that the grey dress (left) is made of animal skin because that's just scary. (Hmm, maybe I should look up a closer-up photo.)
Aww, these are so cute and girly! (-in an expensive and unrealistic way of course.)

Anne Valerie Hash
I like how this collection feels very delicate, yet still edgy in some ways, (maybe it's the neatral colours or the menswear characteristics.) A very soft and feminine collection, with some current trends incorporated in:
Huge shoulders.
Soft and see-through.
Pencil-dress and menswear.

Giorgio Armani Prive
I think this is the first Armani Prive collection that I have truly liked, (or maybe it's just that I've already forgotten the older collections.) I've always thought Amrani collections as sleek, sophisticated in a slightly outdated fashion. Yet this collection feels more modern and softer.
The suits look somewhat impractical. Good thing people don't actually wear these, but if only we could wear cute, bubbly suitskirts to work!
I especially love the cocktail dresses -so divine! Sigh.
Cocktail dresses as art pieces.
As for the long gowns, they're feminie and glamorous as always.

Image Credit: http://www.style.com/

13 Comments:

Blogger Mondo-Fashion said...

wow armani prive is gorgeous
I was wondering would you like to exchange links?

1/23/2008 6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The first Couture dresses are inspiring.

But the bowls on the models' heads in the 3rd picture are really something terrible. Looks like an oversized hard hat.

The fourth pic... definitely not my style.

The only outfit in the Hash photos that's decent is the first white outfit. That's extremely cute, but the one beside it has some sort of bib and square things on the arm. If it wasn't designer that might be something I'd wear to a rib joint.

Armani. WOW! Just incredible.

<3 Knikki

1/23/2008 7:07 AM  
Blogger K. said...

Dior is always smashing, there's no doubt about it. Leave it to Galliano to come up with his crazy cool themes! The floaty dresses by AVH are so beautiful- love the sheer fabrics!

1/23/2008 7:30 AM  
Blogger Jael Paris said...

If you really want to learn about the painting Madame X and the scandal it caused, read Strapless by Deborah Davis. It's a great look at late 19th century art, society and fashion.

1/23/2008 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love CD's haute couture! it's awesome!!

1/23/2008 12:09 PM  
Blogger Romany said...

Galliano is and always will be...amazing.
Giorgio Armani is tough to beat also...

1/23/2008 2:03 PM  
Blogger Imelda said...

I really adore the Dior shoes!!
The Armani dresses are great aswell!

1/23/2008 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Armani but Dior wasn't for me, but I'm really not a fan of John Galliano. I wish haute couture was actually bought nowadays, like it was in the fifties with Christian Dior and Givenchy. Now, maybe two of each outfit are bought, if that. But I love haute couture, I want to bring it back.

1/24/2008 5:54 AM  
Blogger Tulz said...

Wow I absolutely LOVED the Armani! There's at least one piece in each section that I want!

1/26/2008 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the first two dresses are absolutely gorgeous...one day my work will measure up to that lol

1/28/2008 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Margaret Ivory said...

Christian Dior, haute couture at its best...love the jeweled dresses.

7/31/2011 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Isiah said...

Here, I do not actually imagine it may work.
canned pumpkin | sideways cross necklace | Langdon real estate

11/22/2011 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Reynard said...

In my opinion everyone must browse on this.
hotels Gatlinburg TN | Bracebridge real estate | looking for people

11/23/2011 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home