August 07, 2007

Colour Up Your Wardrobe

As an over-cautious young shopper, I buy way too much classic/ black and white clothes. Not that there's anything wrong with having a simple, classic style, it's just that we're only young once and this is THE time to experiment with pretty, colourful clothes. Sometimes it's just fun to liven up our wardrobe a bit. With everything on their final final final sale, why not take the oppurtunity to liven up your wardrobe? (See, this is how I have been justifying my friend's and my shopping purchases in the past two weeks. Makes sense doesn't it?)
After lowering my standards and making myself think 'colour', I ended up buying this super bright top from FCUK. It doesn't look great in the photo, but it flows well with body movement, the V-neck is great and it's length is perfect to go with skinny jeans or short-shorts. Believe me, it definitely looks better in real life than in this photo.
The brand that came up first when I thought about colourful tops was T-Bags. This is mostly because I spend way too much time on shopbop.com, but it's also one of those brands some people look nice in though I know I'll never buy. (The brand name is now also unfortunately associated with that ugly dude from Prison Break in my brain.) Oops, too much rambling about T-Bags. My point is, these two tops aren't really the simple tops I'm into these days, but they do look pretty and machine-washable for clubbing nights or summer days out, don't they?
The other brand that came to mind was Diane von Furstenburg. Unfortunately, almost all of the summer collection has been sold so I can't really find photos to show for, but I'm sure we all remember DvF as the brand to get colourful wrapdresses. They're always great for livening up one's wardrobe while keeping things classy.
OK so I'm not sure you get my point, but my point is, you're young and it's summer so liven up your closet with colourful clothes while everything is on sale!

15 Comments:

Blogger Geisha said...

I totally get what you mean about how we are only young once...I just bought a vintage super-sparkly ice blue long sleeved tee (from the 60's) for the same reason! I was inspired by the movie Hairspray :)

8/07/2007 4:50 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I love the fcuk top!!!

8/07/2007 5:06 AM  
Blogger Ellie Lee said...

loved the fcuk top!! u've left out poor pucci though!! haha. and polo tees are a safe but the best bet to color your wardrobe!!

love!

8/07/2007 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to stock up on colors because another fall spent in a blur of brown and black is way too bleak for me. Now that I think about it, I tend to wear summer clothes year round. Guess I'm just a Rainbow child...

8/07/2007 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the T-bags tops because I think they'd be so so versatile. I live in NZ and I could totally see myself layering them over long sleeved tops in winter with jeans and some flat boots. I always end up wearing like just a little bit of colour in a detail- like my shoes or a top or even like a top underneath a black jumper- its so depressing otherwise.

8/07/2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Dana Stefanoiu said...

Looooooove the top!

Did some final final sales shopping myself and ended up with lots of colorful stuff to wear (hope this is an Indian summer :))

But my favourite way to cheer up an outfit is to accessorize (and I started making my own, since I hardly ever find exactly what I want)

Check this out:

http://dana-stuff.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure I could also make a living out of this so I'm not giving up my job (though I'd love to...)

Any feed-back is welcome :)

In the mean time: shop away and color your wardrobe!

8/07/2007 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE T-Bags from Prison Break & I don't think I could ever buy anything that would remind me of him haha ..

8/08/2007 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh my eyes!

8/09/2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally don't recommend that DvF dress. I have tried it on and it is pretty unflattering to the body.

8/11/2007 4:34 AM  
Blogger AmoalaModa said...

For all fashion lovers:

www.ShenShina.com

8/13/2007 2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with getting something colourful and daring to wear it while you are still young. I've recently bought quite a number of black, white and cream dresses that today, I went looking for something colourful and vibrant... and coincidence of coincidences, I land on this blog with this entry after shopping. Didn't get any though :(

8/15/2007 4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Diane von Furstenburg dress. Sooooo cute. I love wearing these with tights/skinny jeans.

8/31/2007 4:34 AM  
Anonymous Ambrose said...

I found so much useful data in this post!
bed | Game recipes | signs of schizophrenia | play sports games online for free | gmc dealerships

11/02/2011 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Elijah said...

Thanks so much for your article, very helpful info.
steel building

11/05/2011 11:37 PM  
Blogger Gutthi said...

Latest Blouse Designs
blouse design
Blouse
Designer Blouse
Blouse Neck designs
Saree Blouse
Blouse Pattern
Designs of Blouse
blouse design photos
blouse design catalogue
blouse design books
blouse designs back side
indian blouse neck designs
blouse designs 2017
simple blouse back designs
designer blouse images
designer blouse pattern catalog
blouse design cutting
blouse designs book 2017
best blouse designs 2017

1/22/2017 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home